Terms & Policies
1. Agreement between WeTek and the User
1.1. In this document WeTek means WeTek, Limited.
WeTek has provided you translation of the Terms & Policies in foreign language: English, Spanish, French and Portuguese.
4. Passwords and account security
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your passwords for all accounts used by you to access the Services. You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible to WeTek for all activities that occur under all such accounts.
You must notify WeTek by Support immediately upon becoming aware of any unauthorized use of any of your passwords or accounts.
5. Registration Data
You may be required to provide information about yourself in order to access the services or in the course of using the services.
You agree to provide accurate, current, and complete information required to register to use the services and at other points as may be required in the course of using the Services ('Registration Data'). You further agree to maintain and update the Registration Data as required to keep it accurate, current, and complete. WeTek may terminate your rights to any or all of the services if any information provided by you is false, inaccurate or incomplete.
6. Third Party Content
The Services may include links to other websites, content and resources. WeTek don’t have control over such websites, content or resources which are provided by third parties ('Third Party Content'). You acknowledge and agree that WeTek is not responsible for the availability of any Third Party Content.
In this document
"we", "us", "our" and "WeTek" relate on WeTek Eletronics, limited
1. Your personal information that we are collecting
Without providing any of personal information to WeTek, you can use some parts of WeTek website and services. Still, most of WeTek services and parts of website are accessible only if you register user account and provide to WeTek required information for registration process. In this process, WeTek can require from you information like your name, surname, address, city and postal code.
1.1 Accessing and correcting your Personal Data
You can access and edit your Personal Data at any time by logging into your user account and visiting your user profile. Once you have access to your user profile you can review and edit any Personal Data you provided to as when you started to use your WeTek device or when you registered on our site.
2. Usage and sharing of your personal data
We will use your Personal Data to provide usage of some parts of our website and services. Wetek will use that data where is required and as well to fulfil our contractual obligations toward you.
WeTek can use your Personal Data for any of the following purposes:3
- To register your account and enable you usage of WeTek’s services and website.
- For market analysis, customer, product and services analysis.
- To provide review, monitor and improve WeTek services.
- To send User information and updates pertaining to our order. It may also be used to respond to our inquiries, questions or other requests. Customer will always have option to unsubscribe from receiving future emails.
- To review WeTek’s services and third party services you have used, so WeTek could recommend you similar ones.
- To consider employing you if you have provided your information to us in an application.
WeTek will not use your Personal Data more than is necessary for the purposes for which is initially collected or required. Your personal Data will be deleted when you inform us that you will no longer be using our services.
We will not share or disclose your Personal Data to any third party except when and where is necessary in order to provide our services to you, if we are required to share your Personal Data in order to comply with any legal obligation or to pursue our legitimate interests.
We would like to remind you that any Personal Data that you submit to our services or website which is typically visible to others (e.g. blogs, forums and discussion pages) may be published and visible to others.
We may use your Personal Data for marketing, to present you promotions, advertisements, promotional material, to inform you about prices, about our products that we believe it may interest you, based on your usage of our services.
WeTek will send you marketing, promotional material and advertisements only if you have subscribed to receive such information by email or other ways.
4. Web browser cookies
5. Security of your Personal Data and contacting us regard that
WeTek is committed to ensure that your Personal Data is kept securely and they maintain reasonable physical, technical and organisational measures and procedures to secure the information we collect through our Services and our website.
Warranty & Return Terms
Date of Last Revision: October 18, 2016.
Product - WeTek Device
WeTek - WeTek Soluções Tecnológicas, S.A.
You - WeTek Customer
Premium Warranty service for the EUROPEAN UNION
WeTek offers a Premium 2 years warranty for all the Products sold within the European Union.
Limited Warranty for the REST OF THE WORLD
WeTek’s Products carry a Limited warranty for the specified period of 1 year starting from the date of purchase.
This warranty covers
WeTek guarantees that, in the duration of that period, this warranty will cover manufacturing defects or hardware components failure under normal use conditions. Accessories sold separately are covered by the applicable warranty accompanying the accessory.
This warranty does not cover
- Defects or damage resulting from accidents, abnormal use, abnormal conditions, improper storage, exposure to liquid, moisture, dampness, dirt, electrical or electromechanical stress and scratches, unless caused by WeTek;
- Product’s case is voided without proper authorization;
- Equipment that has the serial number or the enhancement data code removed, defaced, damaged, altered or made illegible;
- Defects or damage resulting from the use of Product in conjunction or connection with accessories, products, or equipment not approved by WeTek;
- Defects or damage resulting from improper testing, operation, maintenance, installation, recovery, service, or adjustment not approved by WeTek;
- Defects or damage resulting from external causes such as flooding, fire, dirt, lightning, windstorm, earthquake, exposure to weather conditions, theft;
- Defects or damage resulting from viruses or other software problems introduced into the Product.
Note: WeTek supports booting alternative operating systems from the MicroSD. Installing these within the eMMC (or NAND) is not recommended. If the Product becomes unresponsive due to this action, WeTek back attempt to repair, however any freight costs must be supported by the customer.
WeTek reserves the right to make final decisions regarding problem determination and the appropriate service option.
Troubleshooting and repairing
If you are experiencing a problem, or if you believe that your product is defective, please contact WeTek Support (http://wetek.com/contact) . Help and troubleshooting for your issue will be provided. A replacement might be done if the product is found to be defective.
Some support operations may require that you have access to a PC with Windows 7 or higher, an available serial port (or a serial-USB converter), as well as a Telnet/SSH client software like Putty.
If a defect arises and a valid claim is received within the warranty period, at its option, WeTek will either (1) repair the hardware defect at no charge with new or refurbished replacement parts, or (2) replace the product by a product that is new or which has been manufactured from new or serviceable used parts and is at least functionally equivalent to the original product. When a product or part is exchanged, any replacement item becomes your property and the replaced item becomes WeTek’s property.
In case your product needs to be assessed by WeTek, it may need to be shipped to our headquarters. Always contact WeTek Support before doing so. In such case, you’ll have two options.
You may send the device to WeTek using one of these means:
- Using a courier of your preference to a specified address. Please contact WeTek Support (http://wetek.com/contact) stating your issue, in order to get the address where the Product should be shipped to;
- The Product is collected at the shipping address stated on the invoice. On this case, you’ll need to pay the shipping expenses via Paypal before booking the collection. In order to do so, please contact WeTek Support (http://wetek.com/contact).
The product, or its replacement, will then be returned back to you with no further costs attached.
Returns and refund policy
You have 14 days from receiving your order to make a return. WeTek will help you concerning the return process, therefore it is strongly recommend that you contact the support to book the collection of your order, therefore ensuring that it arrives back at WeTek within a valid time-frame. Please note that collections for returns can only happen in the same country to which the order has been shipped to.
Two methods to return a device.
1) In case you wish the parcel to be collected:
- WeTek offers a collection service to all customers via delivery service. The device is collected from an address chosen by you. It’s mandatory that you contact WeTek Support ( http://wetek.com/contact ).
- The costs for this pick up service will be deduct from your refund amount.
2) In case you choose to return the Product by your own means:
- You may choose the courier of your preference. In this case, it is mandatory that you inform WeTek regarding shipping details and include a copy of the invoice within the parcel. You will then be refunded the Product’s original value.
Your refund is processed once the device is received and compliant with the following regulations verified:
- Product is not damaged;
- Commercial appearance is adequate;
- Returned in its original and undamaged packaging. (never use the original packaging as the shipping container);
- All original accessories must be included;
In case the product doesn’t meet the above mentioned requisites, it may not be possible proceed with the refund with the product being shipped back to you.
Please note that all returns or exchanges remain the responsibility of the purchaser until received by WeTek.
Orders can be cancelled at any point up until shipping. Once the product leaves our warehouse, the order cancellation is no longer possible. After this stage, if you do not wish to keep the product you can choose to return it for a refund following the steps previously stated.
In case you refuse to accept an order and require refund, it will be treated as return by the courier and its operational costs will be deducted from your refund amount.